This is no ordinary Hostel, Hotel, Pension, Guesthouse. Please read carefully!
By booking at our hostel, you take the responsability to respect our rules and conditions. Thank you for your help in keeping our Comfy Corner cosy and attractive to all your fellow guests.
Please note: minimum stay in our hostel is 2 CONSECUTIVE nights! No exceptions. This condition overrides all others.
1) The Comfy Corner offers you a holiday at home in Berlin, bringing the best tradition of small family hostels to one of Europes greatest cities. All our guests live in an atmosphere of mutual respect and consideration. Bad, racist, drunken behavior and bad language towards other guests or members of the staff are of ZERO-tolerance here. If they are your choice, please do NOT book with us and be ready to loose your booking without refund.
2) All our guests agree to the details of their passport or equivalent ID being registered and to pay for their accommodation in full, in cash, on arrival.
3) Your arrival time is an appointment and you will be welcomed when you arrive.
ATTENTION! Opening hours are 11h-22h!
When you choose your arrival time during our opening hours (11h-22h), please confirm it with us by mail. Your arrival is ONLY by appointment. It is possible to check in outside the opening hours with an extra fee of 10€ each extra hour (for managing expenses). Please contact us in advance to arrange it.
Attention: unnotified changes and/or late arrivals are charged up to 10€. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation :)
4) Comfy Little Corner is a well hidden secret of Berlin. Please print the directions and follow them carefully. It looks just like a normal old Berlin city apartment house (which is not very nice, in fact). Look for the name Heinzmann on the door bell and ring it! (Please ring no other bell). We will open the door for you; come inside, take the lift (on the left side) up to the top (4th) floor, where you will see another door (with flowers on it), with the name: "Heinzmann." Please ring this bell.
5) You must please inform us in advance (by call, sms or mail) if you need to change your arrival time. If you are early or late more than 1 hour without a notice, we will be obliged to charge you 10€. Please do not allow us to do it!
6) Check out is at 10am: you will have some time to sleep after the long night :)) and we need some time to prepare the room for new guests. This is the time when we kindly ask you to leave your room and return your keys. However, you are very welcome to use common spaces (without keys) if you need to leave later (to go and catch your evening train or plane).
Please be aware that if you do not return the keys after check out (10am) and use them during the day of your departure, we will be obliged to charge you another night (since these keys will already be needed by new guests). Please help us not to do this.
Late check out is at 13h (+4€). Please book it on arrival.
7) New guests are welcome to take their rooms from 14h. However, if you check in earlier you can leave your luggage (free of course) and are welcome to use common spaces before the rooms are ready.
"Early room": if your room is ready on your arrival in the morning/noon, you might choose "Early room" option and take the room/bed immediately (+2€). Please ask at check in.
8) When checked in, you will be given your own keys to come and go at any time you wish. Please do not forget to return keys when you leave (latest 10am the day of your departure) - there will be a special box on the door to remind you about it!
Please respect your fellow guests and neigbours during quiet times of night.
9) Please use your own or provided house shoes inside. Do not worry if you did not take any with you - you can find a nice pair just at the entrance!
10) You must please inform us not less than 48 hours in advance if you cancel or change your booking, otherwise we must charge you the full stay, which we do not wish to do!
NB By booking at intermediate sites, please check the cancellation conditions described at the intermediates.
11) Vehicles parked in free, public areas are left at owners risk. Berlin is however rather safe - we did not have any problem with cars being vandalised or stolen.
12) Use of our free wi-fi internet access requires your own computer equipment and guests agree to responsible, legal use when given the free access code.
Downloading from torrents or other sites illegally is strictly prohibited under the German law. If you do it, you will be reported to police and a serious fee from the German government will occur (even if you leave before we found it out). Please respect the laws!
13) Guests are welcome to show off their skills in the kitchen; we have some great cooks but please remember to wash up as you work; so you leave it as you wish to find it!
14) There is no smoking inside the building. Guests wishing to smoke may use the garden.
Attention: as a result of breaking this rule by a couple of guests, we introduced a fee of 50€ for smoking inside (alarm, caught smoking or traces in the room). The guests who break this rule will loose their booking and will be asked to leave the Place without any refund. Thank you for your understanding and collaboration.
15) We thank our guests for drinking responsibly (oh yes, this is allowed :)), and enjoying themselves quietly when others are sleeping.
16) If you forgot some of your belongings, you can come and collect them within our opening hours or we can send it to you by post (from 20€).
17) The management reserve the right to refuse accommodation to anyone who does not accept the terms and conditions.
18) You are very welcome to leave your comments, complaints and recommendations, as well as songs, poems and pictures in our Book.